Friday 21 August 2009

The Sabres Of Paradise - Smokebelch 2003

Seeing as how it's all gone a bit Weatherall round here again, here's a white label with a couple of well dodgy bootleg mixes (complete with female vocal!) that slipped out a few years ago. A couple of mixes which I couldn't NOT buy, but hated myself for doing so.

Hasn't exactly been played to death round at Ripped In Glasgow Towers but seeing as how I'm so generous I thought I'd let you give 'em a whirl.

I'm trying to work out just who they thought they were appealing to here: people who bought it first time round and just had to get another mix no matter how shit it was (ie me)? Day-glo trance kids? They'd missed the boat by 2003 surely - its bubble had well'n'truly burst by then. I don't know what sorts of establishments would have played this, but it certainly wasn't Optimo. Even for the genre that it's aiming for it's a bit shit is it not? No credits on the label or the run-out groove either, someone hiding in shame.

Go download it and listen to it - I dare you...



The Sabres Of Paradise - Smokebelch 2003
A - Smokebelch 2003 (Mix 1)
B - Smokebelch 2003 (Mix 2)

Buy it here if you're desperate

8 comments:

Nolan Micron said...

Well you've done such a great sales job on that one Moggieboy. How could I say no? I'm downloading it now...

Ctelblog said...

Likewise

Moggieboy said...

Well, boys - living up to expectations??

swissadam said...

I'm scared to download this.

Nolan Micron said...

Erk! The man don't lie! Thanks anyway. :)

James said...

I feel dirty.

drew said...

That is so, so wrong, I'm nut surprised no-one is owning up to it.

Ctelblog said...

Ummm....yeeeeeeeess...