Wednesday 9 December 2009

The Klaxons / Alan Vega / No Bra - Sweetheart (Suicide Covers Series)

*EDIT* FUCKS SAKE - I'VE JUST BEEN TOLD THIS WAS UP AS THE KLAZONS - SPELLING MISTAKE NO.1 = NOT ACCEPTABLE - APOLS ALL ROUND***********

Sixth release in the Suicide covers series, which started around a year ago.

Not one for uploading current/recent releases but these are very limited and always sell out so I should be OK with this one. I've put them all up apart from the Primal Scream one as I thought it would get pulled, but will put it up at some point as the coast seems to be clear on this lot.

This bridges nicely between the ATP malarkey at the weekend (full review here if anyone's interested) and the traditional Ripped In Glasgow fayre. Never thought I'd see the day when I bought a Klaxons record but there you go - this year's new year's resolution #1 was to buy all the Suicide 10"s, and #2 was to to this blog so I'm doing no bad...

This one follows the usual format of well-known band doing Suicide cover on the A-side, an Alan Vega rarity on B1 then a lesser known act doing a Suicide tune on B2. All very good, and an odd pick there from No Bra - that only appeared on reissues of the second album. Folk seem to be shying away from the first album, understandable I guess as it's such a classic. According to the website, the current releases in production are from Peaches, Mogwai and Glasvegas - they're all 'First Album' tracks so I guess that's that theory oot the windae...



The Klazons / Alan Vega / No Bra - Sweetheart (Suicide Covers Series)
A - The Klaxons - Sweetheart
B2 - Alan Vega - Speedway
B2 - No Bra - Super Subway Comedian

Buy it here

0 comments: