Tuesday 29 December 2009

Ripped In Glasgow - 2009-2009

Better to burn out than to fade away, eh?

Ripped In Glasgow was initially planned as a year long project, and this seems to be the perfect place to put a full stop on it. It's been an amazing ride from the word go and I've fuckin LOVED digging out all the old records again.

There might be the occasional future post, such as a Conemelt video that's in the pipeline, and the occasional live set or radio rip so it's maybe worth keeping me in your RSS feed or whatever. I can't keep up with this (almost) daily posting though - I've got other plans for 2010.

When I started up I was hoping for maybe 100 hits or so a day, didn't think there would be much demand for 15yr old dance records but there you go - I've been averaging 1500 for the last few months which has been insane.

a HUGE thanks to the acts who have supplied me with material - PWOG, Corridor, Conemelt, Optimo, Ivan Smagghe - who'd have thought THAT would happen? Also, anyone who has ever sent me a link to other stuff, honourable mentions to the Sabres Peel Session and the PWOG tape amongst various DJ sets - you people are too good. In fact, here's one which popped in yesterday just to say 'cheerio', a Two Lone Swordsmen set from the Tiny/Further Reminders period recorded off the radio from the Voodoo, Liverpool (thanks Mark - he's even hosting it for you).

Apologies to Andrew Weatherall for ripping off a huge chunk of your back catalogue and attributing your name to a fictitious Russ Abbot remix but that's rock'n'roll I guess (and bizarrely one of my biggest 'hits').

Finally, thanks to anyone who has ever left a comment - believe me, it makes blogging much more fun when there's a bit of interaction with you lot.

So - not dead, only sleeping and will wake occasionally for a different type of blogging - who knows what's round the corner...

Happy New Year when it comes...

PS - I'll keep the links live for as long as it takes - if there are any dead ones just leave a comment and I'll re-up as necessary.

PPS - both the torrents over on the left are now WORKING again just in case anyone's after them.

43 comments:

Cheese said...

Cheers - been a jam!

Unte said...

Many greetings from Croatia. I've been following your blog for a long time now and it's wonderful!

esf said...

thank you for the music

Novemberer said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Audio Icecream said...

Moggie man its been fun - turned me onto a whole load of music that otherwise would have passed me by. Cheers man!

Anonymous said...

Many thanks and have a more relaxed 2010...

Tom said...

THANK YOU.
Its been good to hear the things that passed me by or I always knew about but never heard!

Sven said...

thanks for everything you've done so far, but i must say that im not going to accept this so easily ;)

Anonymous said...

Goodnight and thanks for all the fish!

Anonymous said...

nice one moggie. see you in the next one

Anonymous said...

I'm certain we have the same record collection, only you seem to have only the better parts of it. Haste ye back soon.

ugomonio said...

best music, best blog.. thanks you for everything, timekeeper Moggieboy)))

nathan said...

Cheers for all the hard work Moggieboy! You've definitely enhanced my knowledge. On Boxing day I got ripped in Glasgow, what a lovely city. Take care, and good luck in 2010.

POEE POPE XXIII said...

Hey, Brother! I'm a child of the early & middle nineteens, you make me so happy with all these tunes! Thanks a lot! Good memories and very rare work you've done! Respect to you!

Paola :)

micah said...

and happy new year to ya as well, friend. do keep us updated with your next adventures, whatever they may be. cheers!

David said...

It's been a good year and I've got some great stuff from your blog and a lot of other things to look into in the next 12 months.

All the best for the new year, thanks again for everything you've put into this place, it's been appreciated.

Buy you a pint in Stereo! :)

Moggieboy said...

32 Comments in the one day? Phew! Thanks a lot guys - much appreciated. See you at some point in the futire...

Rey Rey said...

Such dedication, such gems, such meticulousness will be really & truly missed. For most of the year been lost in the wilderness of adulthood and your blog shined like no other. Thanks for making 2009 bearable. Will be on the lookout for your future Weatherall posts. Good Luck! Peace!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for 2010 - and is that work and family at play? You've posted some great tracks that we both grew up with. The 90s was a great time for electronic music. Anyway, take it easy and all the best.
jimi >japan<

D said...

thanks for all your hard work, always the first blog i checked out everyday. All the best for 2010

Anonymous said...

shame, lad, but good luck...

alan said...

Thanks for all your time and effort, good luck with the future plans.

Anonymous said...

Whats the future plans moggieboy?

Anonymous said...

in years to come my grand children will say to me'what did you do during the war grandad?'and i will reply 'i checked out ripped in glasgow every day and got some top tunes, then one day he went and left a void in my life'then they will no dout say 'and why do you smell of piss grandad?'
seriously i will miss the music and often very funny words that came with them.all the best .david.

Yucataneer said...

Top man for the work you've put in. Best blog ever. Best of luck for the future!

Ken said...

Cheers for all your posts, you've been by far the best of all the blogs out there, happy new year and thanks again for everything.

Anonymous said...

What a shame...still all good things and that. It would be great if you keep the links up for a while, give me a chance to catch what I missed (unlike techtech :-( )
Have a great 2010 and thanks for all the posts (particulary Problem 13)

Talcahuana

Dave said...

Sad news Mog but it's been good while it lasted. Glad the Sabres session i sent you was a hit with the followers. Cheers Dave

Andrew said...

Thanks for all the wicked stuff you've posted, and best of luck in 2010 and beyond :)

Bod said...

Im gutted man, a great blog which I loved.

Anonymous said...

Gutted. Only stumbled across the blog two months ago and now it's no more. Where else will I find someone who shares my enthusiasm for all things 'Pure' and more importantly uploads all those tunes I'd forgotten that I loved?!!?

Have a right guid Hogmanay and thanks!

kieran said...

shit man, yer closing the blog. best of luck in whateva you do, its been a pleasure learning from you. i feel like a right cunt now as this is the first comment i've left but i've dl'd tonnes of stuff off ya. be happy and healthy moggieboy, yer some man for one man. yonner from dublin.

Anonymous said...

wow what a blog .Good luck in the future mate .I wish id bought you that pint at the spz gig year.All the best for 2010 and hope to see something in the new year from u ,once a month is not to much to hope for is it? haha cheers moggieboy ps Does anyone have any old terry and jason tapes or anything from club 69 on tape ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

enso said...

This blog was an amazing find for me in late November 2009, but I'm glad to hear you had a lot of fun doing it!! As stated earlier: you will be missed!!

Country Boy said...

Moggie, your uploads of the Weatherall 6 mixes have made my year all the more enjoyable,all the best for the future mate!

P.S, any chance of an upload of Weatheralls NYE 6 mix? :D much love,
Country Boy

Anonymous said...

You upped some good shit .I doff my cap

Anonymous said...

so long and thanks for all the fish

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog, so I think I'll have some weeks of fun, but man... It's a shame you leave it now :-)

Thanks for the effort!! Some of the best tunes I listened on a blog in the last years.

Andy said...

Thanks Moggie - we'll miss you.

mucho.sugoi said...

Thanks Moggieboy, it was a pleasure to read your posts and to find so much good material to listen to. You will be missed. Glaswegians do it better! Manu.

Anonymous said...

Wow, i just wanted to say thanks for the outstanding work you have done!

Anonymous said...

Your site's brought back some great memories. Been great listening to tracks I've not heard in a few years (not to mention a few I'd completely forgotten about)

Aw the best!

Paul said...

Come back off me holiday +find your calling it a day! Sad news,thanks for everything +good luck for 2010.